Welcome bowlers! Please check the site often to stay up-to-date on events, tournaments, and association news.
SHORT SEASON LEAGUES (SPRING AND SUMMER)
Bowlers competing in short-season leagues that begin March 1, 2014, or later can purchase a United States Bowling Congress membership at a reduced price. The new USBC Adult Basic membership will be available for bowlers who compete in leagues that have 16 or fewer sessions.
* The membership will cost $11 for our GBUSBCBA and BUSBCWBA bowlers, including state dues.
* A USBC-certified average will be obtained so bowlers can compete in local, state and national tournaments that allow summer averages (please check the tournament rules to make sure).
* The league having 16 or fewer sessions must be designated as a short-season league; the league's prize fund will be bonded.
* Each USBC Adult Basic membership will be good only for that league, which means if a bowler wants to participate in another short-season league, they would have to purchase another USBC Adult Basic membership.
* High score achievements will be recognized and officially recorded by USBC, but free awards such as rings and plaques are not included in the USBC Adult Basic membership. Bowlers will have the option to purchase high score awards. Membership cards will be electronic only for the USBC Adult Basic membership. A card will not be mailed to you.
* Bowlers with a current Adult Standard membership would not be required to purchase a USBC Adult Basic membership to compete in a short-season league and would be eligible for honor score awards earned in the league.
At the 2012 USBC Annual Meeting, delegates approved a change to have all memberships end each July 31. The USBC Adult Basic membership was designed to provide a reasonably-priced alternative for proprietors and bowlers who want a USBC membership for short-season leagues, particularly in the spring or summer.
Of the $11 cost for the USBC Adult Basic membership, $7 will go to USBC National and $3 to the local association and $1 to the Maryland State association.
In summary please remember:
The Basic Membership is good for one properly designated league only and will expire at the end of that league. Make sure your secretary has properly designated the league on application.
You will not receive a membership card in the mail. Available on bowl.com only
High scores will be recorded but you will not get a ring/plaque unless you purchase them.
Your league average will be collected and recorded but not all tournaments allow summer averages, be careful!
IF YOU BOWL AGAIN IN THE FOLLOWING WINTER SEASON YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A STANDARD MEMBERSHIP OR CO-ASSOCIATION!!!